‘Getting things done’ entails these behaviours and competencies:
- Achieves agreed objectives, using resources and deploying staff flexibly
- Thinks ahead, planning and delegating work and leading change effectively
- Influences stakeholders to achieve desired change
- Makes the most of current and emerging talent
- Shows awareness of the wider context of the university, managing risk and reputation
- Seeks to do things better, evaluating progress, innovating and taking action where necessary
These guides aim to help you achieve success in some key practical areas of being a manager, such as planning business and change, using and safeguarding resources including the time and skills of your team, managing risk, and ensuring continuous improvement.